Monday, April 16, 2012

Floral Chat

   I keep going back to this article Floral Industry that was written a few weeks ago in the NY Times. It holds a shiny ray of light for what is to come in the floral industry.  Over a period of time, we started to just see the finished product of so many things such as flowers, food, clothing, etc. The source of where these things were produced was kind of forgotten about, in order to cut costs, etc., and therefore responsible practices and quality were reduced. I try to source locally and seasonally at ever chance. And realistically, I will never be able to source locally for everything, especially because of our short growing season. But, I've been pleasantly surprised even at the flower market to find vendors are using floral distributors who are making efforts towards positive change. Yes, it can be more effort on my part, but if this means I can get you cleaner, fresher flowers I'm going to do it.







No comments:

Post a Comment